Saturday 16 February 2013

Mario



You can’t judge street entertainment is something I’ve always said. I do feel this is true. Every entertainer in there own way is talented in what ever field they have decided to follow. The structure of their show can change everyday depending on the crowd or space they are playing to. A show played in Parliament Square one day may start differently the next if played on High Street.
But for me there was one show that took my breath away. Had me clapping and cheering at the end. It had been three years since I last saw this show unfold before me. And I was eager to live that piece of street magic once again.
Mario was back. The full Queen routine as mind blowing as ever. The structure supreme entertainment. A master class in everything that street entertainment should have. That’s probably why there were as many street performers watching from the audience. This was what Edinburgh needed. The sun had come out; the energy levels were through the roof.

Maybe it was because it’s been so long between seeing the show that raises it’s expectation of it. Or it’s just down to the energy that Mario creates in character and his audience feeds off of. Its structure, it’s choreography to a musical theme is almost seamless. A fantastic show with something for everyone.
Thank you for the magic of your show. Three years was a long time to wait to see its return.

No comments: